These are testimonies to the fact you are a practicing Catholic in this parish and are qualified to act as a Godparent for Baptism or as a Sponsor for Confirmation. In order to serve as a Godparent/Sponsor, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- You must be registered in our parish.
- Be at least 16 years of age,
- Be a Baptized Catholic,
- And received the Sacrament of Confirmation.
- For those who will be a sponsor for Baptism for the first time, you must attend a class before an Affidavit will be issued. This class is NOT required to serve as a Sponsor for Confirmation.
- You must NOT be living with (cohabitating) another person.
- If you are married, the marriage must have been in front of a Catholic priest or deacon.
- And finally, you must attend Holy Mass and receive the Sacrament of Confession on a regular basis.
If you fulfill these requirements, please click here for the Affidavit Form. Print out the form, complete it, sign it, and return it to the Rectory Office.