These are testimonies to the fact you are a practicing Catholic in this parish and are qualified to act as a Godparent for Baptism or as a Sponsor for Confirmation. In order to serve as a Godparent/Sponsor, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- You must be registered in our parish.
- Be at least 16 years of age,
- Be a Baptized Catholic,
- And received the Sacrament of Confirmation.
- For those who will be a sponsor for Baptism for the first time, you must attend a class before an Affidavit will be issued. This class is NOT required to serve as a Sponsor for Confirmation.
- You must NOT be living with (cohabitating) another person.
- If you are married, the marriage must have been in front of a Catholic priest or deacon.
- And finally, you must attend Holy Mass and receive the Sacrament of Confession on a regular basis.
If you fulfill these requirements, please click here for the Affidavit Form. Print out the form, complete it, sign it, and return the original signed document to the Rectory Office.