Ministry Contact: CCW
The Third Sunday of each month is known as “Share Sunday” at St. Lawrence parish. As parishioners arrive for Mass, we have a box outside in which parishioners are invited to contribute financially or with donations of non-perishable food such as canned goods. These contributions are used to help those in need within our parish and through Koinonia–a local nonprofit faith-based organization–to those in our immediate Franconia/Kingstown area. During the holiday seasons, Share Sunday donations are used to create Thanksgiving and Christmas food baskets for parishioners needing assistance.
How you can become involved?
- Spread the word about Koinonia, located at the Franconia United Methodist Church, 6037 Franconia Rd, Franconia, VA 22310 and refer those in need from your neighborhood.
- Contribute a few pantry items or make a financial donation when you come for Mass on Share Sundays.
- Volunteer to staff the donation table in front of church (30 minutes before and after one Mass) or to drive donations from St. Lawrence to Koinonia.
- Sort cans in one of two annual Koinonia food drives.
- Help assemble holiday food baskets in the Thanksgiving and Christmas season.
If you have any questions, or would like to volunteer for this Corporal Work of Mercy, please contact us using the “Contact this Ministry” box to the right.